City of Whittlesea
The City of Whittlesea is a local government area located in the outer northern suburbs of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city covers an area of 489.9 square kilometres, and at the 2016 Census, it had a population of 197,491.
The City of Whittlesea identified the need to take a more customer centric approach and enhance the current journeys of their residents.
A two stage approach was taken to help the City of Whittlesea establish a customer centric organisation:
- Collective Campus analysed current customer data (including reports, surveys etc) and developed four key customer personas. The four customer personas developed gave a human face to each key customer type identified.
- Using the customer personas as input, Collective Campus delivered workshops for 8 key areas of the City of Whittlesea.
Customer Experience workshops were delviered for the following eight business areas:
- Kindergarten Enrolment
- Hard Waste
- Building Planning
- Animal Registration
- City Transport and Presentation
- Venue Hire
- Information Management
- Contact Centre
In each workshop delivered, the team at the City of Whittlesea achieved the following outcomes:
- Aligned understanding of the importance of customer experience in the council landscape
- A shared understanding of key customer types in the region.
- Development of two end to end customer journey maps for customers looking to develop property in the region.
- Identification of pain points and opportunities at each key customer touch point.
- Prioritisation of ideas based on Cost vs. Impact