METARISE is an incubator program focused on bringing projects in the burgeoning web3 industry to life across Asia-Pacific.
Over 90% of startups fail.
The number one reason isn't a lack of funding, but a lack of market appetite for what's being built.
More often than not, having a great idea or a great team isn't enough - both funding and great execution is required.
The METARISE Accelerator was launched in Australia/New Zealand to help develop the next generation of web3 talent and projects looking to make a genuine difference in the world.
The successful teams, narrowed down from a large volume of applicants, embarked on a seven-week intensive journey, centred around custom workshops, mentoring sessions and access to a web3 network. Each startup received education and coaching on market validation, product design, token economics, minting, marketing and more, with mentors including Animoca Brands, The Sandbox, Coinvise, Mintgate and BlockTower Capital.
The program - which also involved partners Labrys, Dao Under, Metavise and Mintgate - culminated at the inaugural Demo Day, with the start-ups pitching for investment and partnership opportunities.
The five start-ups in the cohort were:
- NFT FC - A decentralised platform to identify and support upcoming football players. It empowers talented players to reach their full potential and provides fans with the opportunity to participate in their success.
- Racer Club - An Ethereum based racing community game where holders can play in their own Racer Club with their own NFTs as 3D racers. Each club uses their own NFTs and tokens in their game economy.
- Insider - A next-gen brand membership platform. Insider is a no-code tool that enables brands to build custom NFT brand memberships and create deeper community activation.
- MetaTrees NFT - A token of support to plant a real tree on land in NSW. The project goal is to plant 25,000 trees on a farm to start the regeneration process.
- UpsideFinance - A portfolio tracker and DeFi aggregator that allows users to easily manage their DeFi investments in one place.